Thursday, February 2, 2012

Much ado about nothing....

Oh Brother Shakespeare...
The only reason I entitled this post that is the fact that I just got done reading acts 1 and 2. The story, is typical. The plot, somewhat predictable if you understand the time period. I still haven't decided if I like it or not. The book does force me to think in a somewhat English accent in my head and rhyme without thinking. Hopefully I do well on the quiz... I'm sure I will.
This week has been great. I think attitude has a lot to do with how a week can go. At the beginning of the week I talked myself into trying to stay upbeat and positive. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Sometimes you get into a slump. I'm not saying I was in one, but I knew I could do better and this week, I feel, was the week. The quote had been up on my wall since last semester and I finally put it to the test. Its not that I am a down person. I like to stay positive most of the time. I feel that it is more of an inward thing. There are so many things to be happy about. Life is a great thing. Friends are a great thing. Family is a great thing.
I recently downloaded an app for my cell phone called famous quotes. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a sucker for a great quote. The app seamed fitting and was free so I downloaded it. With this app I am able to look up people, or look up random quotes by just paging through. I do the randomness most of the time. It's more fun and less predictable. I am able to "star" the ones I like the most. Right now the person I have starred the most is Benjamin Franklin. I don't know if the American Foundations course I am taking this semester is actually rubbing off on me or if I really think his words are clever, but he is winning this week so far. The favorite quote by him being "If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing." If that one doesn't make you want to do something to be remembered for, then I don't know what will. How will I be remembered? How will you...?

Ya'll come back now ya hear?!
COLEY



No comments:

Post a Comment