Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She pinned it....

Over the past few months there has been an observation I have made that I would like to bring to attention. Technology has advanced to an extreme level in the past ten years and I think it is safe to say that it even has advanced greatly in the past three years, with the famous iPad making its debut into the world (Steve Jobs may he rest in peace) and all of the advances in mobile devices etc. With that being said there has been some great websites that have developed along with these new technological devices. Tonight I want to talk about one in particular. This site I have never been to personally, but has been a great benefit to my life in many different ways. One of the main ways being the excellent dessert ideas that people find and then use me as their guinea pig to know if it was good or not (nine times out of 10 it is delicious).
Pinterest.com has become one of the most used sites by females than any other site I can think of off the top of my head. Now, with that said some of you might be thinking "what the heck is this guy blogging about Pinterest for?" I debated the same thing in my head for days. My reasons for writing about this are actually quite easy to defend so hear me out. I'm a guy. I do guy things all the time. I drive a truck. I shot guns this past weekend with my buds. I watched the super bowl this past weekend start to finish and I watch ESPN every day so don't question my manhood for an instant. I write these things mainly to give thanks to the makers of this great site that I have not logged on to and will probably never log on to for various reasons...
I made the comment to some fellow students of mine the other day, that I hope my future wife (bless her heart and please find me) is a frequent visitor to this site. This site makes women better. Now I am not saying that a woman cannot have a career or a woman has to do all the things in the kitchen and do the cleaning around the house. My parents are a living example that its not all Mom's job (though she does most of it and does her job well and I love her for that), but it is a group effort. I enjoy giving it a whirl in the kitchen my self.
The ideas that are given on pinterest are GREAT! The food ideas.... glorious. Especially the desserts. Just the other day I had a waffle that was not just any waffle but a waffle that tasted like a cinnamon roll and had the icing of a cinnamon roll... A few weeks ago someone made these chocolate covered cake batter balls that will probably put a diabetic in a coma but I did ask for a second. Every time I ask where they get the recipe, the answer is always the same- "Pinterest."
Not only does this site have great food ideas, but I heard from some very valid sources (the women in my life) that it has some great ideas for having a nicely decorated house for less money, and learning how to use household items in different ways to take care of the day to day things we have to do in life. If that doesn't have "great wife maker" written on it I don't know what does. Ladies if you have a Pinterest account, I solute you and your efforts to be clever and awesome in the kitchen. Men, if she has a Pinterest account... she's probably a keeper! These are my thoughts.
Ya'll come back now ya hear?!
COLEY
PS. If any of you read this post and have the sudden urge to get a recipe off of Pinterest and make it, I like peanut butter and chocolate.... OK I take that back... I like anything related to food, but peanut butter and chocolate are my favorites.

 



 


5 comments:

  1. I'm baking you cookies Coley
    then I shall eat them all and save you none!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have a heart I would tell you that I hope you choke....

      Delete
  2. "PINteresting" is a word used often around my house. Come visit and I'll make you something off there. I'll use Clay as my guinea pig, though. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I found this incredibly sexist. As a woman who has a serious career and a serious boyfriend, I don't have time to make things. I'm not a homemaker, and I won't be one.

    It would appear that your social circle accepts gender roles and such, but in many parts of the country, women are career-oriented and don't have time to pin some ideal life and carry it out.

    Guess my inferior womanhood is what got me a man with a doctorate... bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately that's not what I was going for in writing this post... My mother is and has been a career woman for my entire life. Amazingly she still found time to be a great homemaker. Not sure what a man with a doctorate has to do with this blog post but if it makes you sleep better at night, great! To each their own.

      Delete